Convertr has the ability to connect directly to Hubspot's API and create contacts within Hubspot.
Please note, this integration does not submit data to a Hubspot form. For this, please see HTTP Integration Examples: Hubspot Forms.
- Hubspot API Key (you will need the correct permissions. Please see the Required Scope on the Hubspot documentation linked above)
- Hubspot REST API fields
Finding the Prerequisites in Hubspot
1. First you will need to obtain the API Key. Within your Hubspot instance select the Settings icon in the top right hand corner
2. In the left navigation bar scroll down to Account Setup > API Key
3. Here you will see the API key. If not, you will need to create one or reactivate an expired one. Select the Copy button to use in the next section.
4. Next we will need to get the fieldnames. Within the Settings Menu select Properties. This will provide you with all the fieldnames available
5. Select your fieldname and an Edit Property modal will open. Next to the Name property select the </> icon which will provide you with the API fieldname to be used in the integration.
6. Continue with step 5 for your remaining fieldnames, then proceed to the next section.
Setup In the Convertr Platform
1. Within the Convertr campaign, navigate to Processr > Integration. Click Add Job, and then select Hubspot Integration
2. Next, enter your API Key.
3. Enter your write permissions. This can be either:
- Create: This will create a new contact in Hubspot. If the email address matches a lead that already exists in Hubspot, then the integration will fail.
- Create or Update: This will create a new contact, however if the email address matches a lead that already exists in Hubspot, then we will update that lead instead.
4 Next is the mapping section. Here you will map the Hubspot REST API names to the Convertr field names. Enter the Hubspot fields against the Convertr fields as shown below:
To add additional fields, select Add Item.
Please note: you do not need the first row as this is just a guideline.
5. Once complete, select Save.