One of the main methods of delivering leads into the platform is through importing a .csv file with all your lead data.
This method is available to publisher users (third party suppliers) through their own accounts. However, as an Admin or Agency user you will also have this option to import leads directly into the platform.
For best practises when importing leads please see: Best Practices for Importing Leads via CSV
1. Go to the platform and enter your login details.
2. Identify the correct campaign that you would like to import leads to. You can either select the campaign name, or use the search bar at the top-right corner of the page to search for your campaign.
3. Within that campaign, select the Leads tab at the top.
4. Next, select Imports.
5. Select the correct form that you will be importing leads to.
Note: If there are multiple forms available please liaise with your Agency contact to clarify which form to select.
6. Download the CSV template from the platform and populate this with the lead details.
Important: Before importing in bulk, ensure that you have tested this by importing 1 lead only. As a best practise, we recommend that when importing a large number of leads always import in batches to avoid human error.
7. Drag and drop your .csv batch file into the drop zone and select Start Import.
8. Next, you will be taken to the mapping page where the platform will map the fields or columns in your .csv file to the fields available on the platform. Your fields should map automatically if you have used the Convertr template in step 6 above, however please double check and ensure all field are correctly mapped.
Note: If this does not map automatically you will have to manually select the corresponding fields available in the drop down menu beside each field name.
9. There is also the option where you can use existing mapping by selecting the drop down at the top of the page.
10. Next select your Publisher, the Header and the Link for your import.
- Publisher: This is the publisher company name. This is important when there are multiple publishers (third party suppliers) assigned to a campaign.
- Header: This refers to the first row of data in your .csv file. If the first row refers to the column names select Column Headers, however if this refers to lead data, select Data.
- Link: This refers to the tracking link where you can identify the channel where leads were generated. The channel is created when you create a tracking link, for more information on how to set up a tracking link please see: Creating a Tracking Link
11. Click Start Import and a preview will appear. Ensure all data is under the correct headings and has been uploaded successfully. Tick the check box to comply with GDPR practices and then select Import.
Important: Take note of the total number of leads that you are importing in the blue banner. If you notice any inconsistencies in the preview, cancel this process and start this process again (step 3) after making the necessary changes to the .csv file.
12. Once you have imported your leads, you will be taken back to the Leads tab where you should see the new leads being processed.
Note: This process should not take too long. If you notice a delay please contact the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.