The platform has the ability for you to set up external tracking tags that will fire when an event occurs on a campaign. This can help you to make sure that you can track your campaign performance outside of the Convertr platform.
1. Within the campaign that you want to set up tracking for, navigate to Tracking > Events.
2. The next page will show you a list of all events currently set up. From here, you can edit or delete existing events. To create a new event, click Add at the top left.
Note: If any publishers are using Convertr Connect to submit leads to your platform, they will have automatically generated events here.
3. Here is where you can create a new event. Depending on what you select, there are a few options you can have:
This is a name you can give to your event.
You can select between a Server or Client event:
- Server: This can only run after a lead has entered the platform
- Client: This can only run at the point of submission into the platform
This determines when the event you created should fire. Depending on the Type above, you will have different options:
- Conversion: This will run as soon as a lead is submitted into the campaign. This is only available for the Client type.
- Valid: This will run as soon as the platform marks a lead as valid. This is only available for the Server type.
- Invalid: This will run as soon as the platform rejects a lead (this includes marking as invalid/test). This is only available for the Server type.
- Billable: This will run as soon as the platform marks a lead as billable (meaning it is valid and has delivered to the endpoint). This is only available for the Server type.
You can select a publisher that you want this event to fire on. This is mandatory for the Client type.
This is the area where you can place the tag you want to fire. We support the following:
- Iframe tag
- Image tag
- Postback URL
You have the option to include headers if required for your event.
You can use placeholders in your headers/requests if you would like. The Grey buttons show which placeholders are available.
Once you're happy, you can enable the event using the toggle at the bottom, then Click Save to complete.