Creating a Hosted Landing Page
Within your campaign, navigate to Creatives and select Landing Pages. This page allows various landing page creation methods, along with the listing table containing all landing pages on this campaign. To begin, click Host Landing Page.
Hosted Landing Page
Creating A Hosted Landing Page
A hosted landing page is coded on your machine locally, and then uploaded to the platform and in turn, a form can be embedded onto this page during the upload process. This method allows you full control over the design of the page, and is necessary if custom scripts and tags are being used on the landing page.
Your folder and file structure must follow a number of rules before you are able to upload it to your campaign within the platform.
- The containing folder must be called lP.
- The main HTML file within your IP folder must be called ‘index.html’ and must be placed in the root of your IP folder.
- All assets (images, css files, js files) must be included in a folder called Image and must be placed in the root of your IP folder.
When creating your hosted landing page, you do not need to code your form, as this is created on the platform within your campaign. However, you will need a placeholder tag within your code for the platform to recognise, which allows you to embed your form onto the landing page during the upload process.
The ##iframe## tag must be placed as the source of your iframe tag within your index.html page.
Uploading Hosted Landing Pages
Once your landing page is ready to be uploaded, the IP folder must be zipped or compressed, and therefore becomes ‘lP.zip’. Click the Host Landing Page button on the Creatives tab to start your landing page upload through the modal that appears.
- First, select the form that you would like embedded onto your landing page (which will replace the ##iframe## tag placed in the ‘index.html’ file).
- Input a friendly name for your landing page. This name will appear in your URL and will append onto the end of your enterprise domain, e.g. https://convertr.cvtr.io/lp/your-friendly-name-here/.
- Next, drag and drop your IP.zip file onto the drop zone. Once uploaded click the Save button to complete your landing page upload.
- Clicking the landing page URL will preview your page in a new browser tab.
- Within the landing page source code, the ##iframe## tag that was originally placed during the upload process in your index.html file has now been replaced with your chosen form’s URL.
Replacing Landing Pages
If you need to make a change to the landing page contents and would like to keep the same landing page friendly name, click the Replace button. This brings up a modal which allows you to replace the original IP.zip file that was uploaded. The embedded form and friendly name will remain the same; if these need changing, a new landing page will have to be uploaded.