Note: Marketo will no longer support this functionality from October 15, 2021. See here for more.
You can use the HTTP Integration to integrate to a variety of API Endpoints. An example of where you can do is with Marketo Forms.
While the two integrations mentioned above are the best ways to submit leads into Marketo securely and provide more transparency on a lead's status when being submitted, you may need to use the HTTP integration for the following reasons:
- Your client is unable to provide you access to the Marketo instance required for direct integration
- Your client has provided you with a Marketo form to submit to, which cannot be achieved with the direct integrations
In general, you will be able to tell which integration you need by the data you've been provided:
- Client ID, Client Secret, Identity URL: Direct
- Form ID, Munchkin ID, Pod ID: HTTP Integration
Below we will go through how to set up the HTTP Integration.
- Form ID
- Munchkin ID
- Pod ID
- Marketo Form HTML Field Names
1. Within your HTTP Integration configuration, you need to input your API URL at the very top. For this, you need your Pod ID.
For Marketo Forms, the API URL always has the same format:
In this URL, you will need to replace [Pod ID] with the relevant ID, as seen in the configuration window below for Pod ID abc123.
Also ensure that your method is set to 'post'.
2. The next area you need to populate is the mapping section. The first 2 fields you should map are the Munchkin ID and the Form ID.
On a Marketo form, their field names for these two fields are:
You will need to add them to the mapping as below:
You can then add your usual field mappings directly underneath these two.
After completion, your integration should resemble the below:
This will complete your HTTP Integration to a Marketo form! Please ensure to test and confirm with your client before beginning delivery through this integration.