Value Transforms is our solution to your data formatting issues. With Value Transforms, you can take data that already exists in your platform, and create new data based off of them that you can use to report, integrate and categorise your leads.
There are two types of Value Transforms:
- Transforms: This allows you to take known data values you are expecting to receive, and transform them into a new value in a new field.
For example, if you collect the field country as United Kingdom, you can use Value Transforms to create a field country_code with the value GB.
- Manipulations: This allows you to reformat unknown data values - you can combine different fields together (concatenation), or change a telephone number's format (Regex Find and Replace). There are multiple Manipulations that you can do.
In this document, we will show you how to implement the Transforms within a campaign - you can find more documentation related to the manipulations in the Help Centre.
1. Select Dashboard and then select View next to your campaign.
2. Within your campaign select Admin, then click Setup.
3. Scroll down the page and tick the box Use Value Transforms and click Save.
4. Select the Admin tab, then click Value Transforms.
5. Click Add Fieldname.
6. Enter the Original Fieldname and New Fieldname. Underneath this, enter the values that you wish to transform within the Original Value and New Value. You can add extra field names by selecting Add.
In the example below, we are transforming the value of CTO to the new value of Chief Technical Officer.
7. Click Save.
8. Next, go to the Processr tab and add the job Value Transforms, then click Save.
The Processr job is not mandatory, but it will allow you to make sure that the Value Transforms have definitely worked. If for example we are not able to locate a Value Transform to run, we can flag this on the lead with the job.