The Credentials Manager allows client-sensitive information for direct integrations such as Client ID and Secret to be stored and updated in a safe, secure and compliant area. This allows only the client to input this information into the platform without other users being able to see it.
Only Admin users will be able to update this information.
Please Note: At this time we only support Marketo; other CRM systems are currently being developed. Please check with your CSM to find out more details.
This document contains two processes:
1. Setting up a new Credential Manager
2. Referencing your Credential Manager in a campaign
Process 1 - Setting up a new Credential Manager
1. Log into the platform and select Enterprise on the left hand side
2. Once within the this section, select Credentials Manager
3. To add a new Credential, select Add
4. Within the modal populate the fields as follows:
- Name - Enter a name for your Credentials
- Client ID - Enter your Client ID from your CRM instance
- Client Secret - Enter your Client Secret from your CRM instance
- API URL - Enter the API URL from your CRM instance
- Type -Select either processrJob or connectedAppType depending on your requirements. Proccessr job should be selected when you are wanting to manage specific integration details such as Marketo. ConnectedAppType should be selected when you are wanting to manage specific ConnectedApp details such as LinkedIn or Facebook.
- Entity - The entity will pull through depending on the Type selected. Depending on the Type choose the relevant Integration Job or Connected App.
5. Once complete select Save.
This will store the credentials behind the scenes using the AWS Credential Manager. In Convertr, we will store the ID related to the record in AWS SM, never storing the client secret in Convertr.
6. To update any details, follow the same steps as above.
Please note that the Client Secret is not prepopulated; this is for security reasons and the Secret will need to be re-entered in order to update the details.
Process 2 - Referencing your Credential Manager in a campaign
1. Navigate to your campaign. Once inside your Campaign go to Processr > Integration and select Configure next to your Integration Job
2. Within the first set of fields, select the dropdown next to the field Credential Source. To use your Credentials Manager select Credential Manager.
3. Within the field Manager_Credentials use the drop down to select your created Credentials Manager.
4. You can then continue to add your CRM details as normal.