This section gives an overview of common questions and errors when setting up a Marketo integration in Convertr.
If your question is not answered in this document, please send your question to the Support Team through the in-platform support area.
What are Authorized Users, Client IDs and Client Secrets in Marketo?
In terms of the Convertr integration, you should think of these as follows:
- Authorized User: When you create Convertr as an Authorized User, you are granting the Convertr platform specific access to your Marketo instance. Similar to when you add a traditional user (human), this provides a technology partner like Convertr access to specific data points and permissions.
- Client ID: Think of this like a traditional username, but it is automatically generated for a technology partner when you create an “authorized user”
- Client Secret: Think of this like a traditional password. It is also automatically generated for a technology partner when you create an “authorized user”.
The Client ID and Secret are used during the setup process for your Marketo Integration within the Convertr platform to create a secure 1:1 connection. These codes should not be shared via email, they should only be shared via a secure process such as LastPass or a password protected document with the password shared separately.
Where do I find the necessary clientID and clientSecret in Marketo?
Within the Admin section, go to Integration >> LaunchPoint and select View Details on your Convertr Custom Service.
If you don’t have the required access to perform those tasks, please contact an/your internal Marketo administrator.
Where can I find the identityUrl?
Within the Admin section go to Web Services. You will find the identityUrl in the section Rest API.
If you don’t have access to that information, please contact your internal Marketo administrator.
What is the difference between the jobs ‘Integrate to Marketo’ and ‘Integrate to Marketo Program’?
The difference in jobs depends on where leads will be delivered in Marketo:
- Use ‘Integrate with Marketo’ to deliver leads to a specific list in Marketo
- Use ‘Integrate with Marketo Program’ to deliver leads to a Marketo program
Why don’t I see my leads from Convertr in Marketo?
Leads may not successfully integrate into Marketo for various reasons. To investigate, please log in to Convertr and review the details on an affected lead.
Once you’re logged into your Convertr account:
Click View beside the affected lead
Navigate to the Processr Logs tab to find the response from Marketo on what went wrong.
Common reasons why leads are not being passed on successfully to Marketo are:
1. Incorrect API credentials
2. Incorrect list ID (in this case, the leads are still being integrated, but into the main leads database instead of the list)
3. Field name(s) specified in the Convertr integration are incorrect, i.e. don’t exist in Marketo
In the ‘Integrate to Marketo Program’ integration the program names are not showing up in the drop down. What is the reason?
When the program names are not available in the drop down, it points to an access issue. Please verify and correct the API URLs and credentials.
Where do I find the correct Marketo field names to enter into Convertr?
The field names you need to enter are found in the REST document you exported in step 2D. Once you have downloaded the file, search column A to find the correct field label to enter into Convertr.